Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Like "The Confessions" on Facebook

Dear Reader,

First of all, I thank you for taking the time to read my blogs and for reading this one in particular. It never ceases to amaze me the number of views my blog receives daily. I can only hope that those who view it actually take the effort to read my exhaustive blogs, but there is no way to track that. As a writer, I require feedback and constructive criticism to help me cater my writing style better to my audience. However, I still do not know who my audience is (or if I even have an audience). Therefore, I have stooped to an all-time low and constructed a page for "The Confessions" on Facebook, hoping to find out who is reading and digesting my blogs rather than just viewing them.

If you are following my blog and are reading it regularly and you are on Facebook, please consider liking "The Confessions" page.

I know that one of my biggest shortfalls as an author is ironically the length of my blogs, making it difficult for someone to spend the time to read them all. I greatly value your feedback about this and any other critique that you feel inclined to give me. If you think my blogs are too long please provide that feedback. I noticed that someone is having them uploaded to their e-reader so that they can probably stomach them better. The length of my blogs is more consistent with a chapter in a book, but that might not translate well to blogs. I don't know. I'd love your feedback as to what you appreciated and want to see more of and what you dislike and want to see less of. Please, be outspoken.

I also created a Facebook page hoping to spread the word about the blog. This is officially a full-fledged project that I am undertaking, and I am only undertaking it because I think that it is encouraging and challenging to those that read it. Circumstances in my life, questions I am being asked, documentaries I am watching, and experiences I have within and outside the church continually challenge me to continually contribute to this blog. I believe I have been called by God to tell my story publicly, and to challenge God's people with their reactions. This blog is only one means by which I plan to pursue that calling, but I hope it plays a large role.

More than anything, I ask that every reader continue to keep me in their prayers. If you have been reading then I am sure you have noticed a lapse in my writing. Lapses in my writing are representative of struggles in my walk with the Lord. I have had several very difficult weeks come and go. God is testing and strengthening my patience lately, and He is causing me to depend on myself less and less and rest in Him more and more. Pray that the Lord would continue to sustain me, and that I would have more thanksgivings to share than confessions. I have struggled immensely the past few weeks with a fair share of falls to a myriad of temptations, and I ask that you all remember me in your prayers. More than anything, pray that I would continue resting in the grace of God rather than disqualifying myself from a race that was never meant to be run and won by works of the Law.

Thanks for reading! Please like my new Facebook page, and share your thoughts on how I can improve my content. And as always, thank you for remembering me in your prayers!

Lovingly,
Matthew

To like the new Facebook page, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment